Transit Assistant Program Manager
$75,000-$80,000 annually DOE/DOQ. Full time position with benefits package.
The Assistant Program Manager is responsible for the management of the day-to-day Kayak Public Transit (KPT) operational functions and helps coordinate Kayak’s administrative functions and general staff duties.
The Assistant Program Manager provides close and direct support for the Program Manager in accordance with the Goals and Objectives of the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation (CTUIR) Comprehensive Plan, the CTUIR Public Transit Plan(s), and the CTUIR Planning Department’s Annual Work Plan.
- Supervise and manage a staff of 15-25 employees. Coordinate personnel recruitment, hiring, and disciplinary actions.
- Ensure staff meet certification requirements, attend required trainings, and obtain required licensing, as outlined in the CTUIR Personnel Policy & Procedures Manual, the kayak Driver's Manual, and other
- Able to work flexible hours, as Kayak Public Transit's operating hours are Mon-Fri 4:00 am to 8:30pm, and Sat 8:00 am-noon and 3:00 pm-7:3 0pm. This includes working on Tribal holidays during which the transit fleet is operating, as well as attending quarterly staff meetings held on Saturday or Sunday.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with major in urban planning, civil engineering, transportation planning, public administration, business administration or closely related field.
- Four to six years of experience directly involved with business operations of a transit system may be substituted for the education requirement.
- Valid state driver's license and meet insurance requirements.
- Working knowledge of Department of Transportation/Federal Transit Administration regulations.
- Additional qualifications are found by clicking the apply now button.
Exempt, Safety Sensitive Position.
Open until filled.
Complete all required application instructions. Only those applications which are COMPLETE, as found in the "Required Employment Application Packet Material," on our site will be considered.
Read the full job description, and "Required Employment Application Packet Material," by clicking the APPLY NOW button.